If your Netflix is in another language, it can be that the audio setting is different by default or another user accidentally changed it. If you’ve tried simple fixes to change the language, first try signing out and signing in again. Also, check if the error is the same with other profiles on your account.
Changing the language setting of your Netflix account entirely and the language of your shows are quite different. The former is termed as Display Language and the latter is the Audio and Subtitle Language setting.
How to Change Language on Netflix?
To change the language of your account or the audio and subtitles, you’ll need to use a browser if you’re on a PC. If you use Netflix on a TV or a PlayStation, changing the language on your PC will sync the changes to these devices automatically.
- Go to Netflix on your browser.
- Tap on your profile icon that’s in the upper right corner.
- Go to Account.
- On this page, go to the Profile & Parental Controls section that’s at the bottom of the page. Select the Profile whose language settings you want to change. Then, click on Language.
- You can view the types of Display Languages available. Choose the one you prefer and choose Save.
- Scroll down and pick a language in the Shows & Movies Languages section. Doing so will change the language of your show’s audio and subtitles.
If you’re using the Netflix app on your phone, the steps to change the language are similar as above. Simply, go to the Menu icon and then select Manage Profiles. Then, select Display Language or Audio & Subtitles right below it and pick one language. Go back and tap on Done.
Another way you can change the audio and subtitle language on your mobile is while you’re actively watching any show.
- Tap on the screen to pause the show.
- Select the Audio & Subtitles icon on either the top or the bottom of your screen.
- Pick any language.