Amazon’s Firestick uses a forked Android version for the operating system. So if you use an iPhone, most of its features might be incompatible with Firestick. iOS users mostly have trouble using AirPlay.
Luckily, Amazon has started introducing AirPlay & HomeKit features on a few of their Fire TV devices. You can use the default AirPlay to cast your iPhone or Mac content to your supported TV. But, if you use Firestick, this feature is not released yet. For the time being, you should rely on third-party apps to replicate this feature.
How to AirPlay on Fire TV?
Apple AirPlay is now compatible with a few Fire TVs. You can check if your device supports it from the official site. Then, you can go through the provided steps to use it.
Enable AirPlay on Fire TV
Firstly, you must set up AirPlay on your Fire TV before connecting. You can do this by turning on AirPlay & HomeKit from settings. This step is very crucial as your Apple Device will not recognize your device if you haven’t enabled the feature. Also, both devices should be connected to same Wi-Fi network.
- Press the Home button and navigate to Settings.
- Choose Display and Sounds.
- Click on Apple AirPlay & HomeKit.
- Highlight AirPlay menu and set it On.
Pair Your Apple Device With Fire TV
Now, your Fire TV is ready to pair with Apple devices. You can connect them through the default Screen Mirroring icon on your iPhone or Mac. On iPhone, you can also use AirPlay from the integrated apps. For Instance, Spotify, Photos, Apple Music, etc.
From Control Center
- Unlock your device
- Then, open the Control center. If you use the iPhone X series or later, you can drag down the screen from the Top-right corner. (If you use iPhone with the home button, swipe up the screen from the Bottom center.)
- Now, you can see the Screen Mirroring icon. Tap on it.
- Your iPhone will start searching for devices to pair. Once you see your Fire TV, tap on it to pair it.
- AirPlay Passcode screen will appear on your Fire TV. You must fill in the displayed PIN on your iPhone.
- Tap OK. Your iPhone will start screen mirroring on your Fire TV.
- Navigate to the Control Center icon at the Upper-right menu bar
- Now, click on the Screen Mirroring icon
- Under Mirror or extend to, you should see your Fire TV. Click on the device.
- Then, follow the instructions to the screen mirror.
From Integrated Apps
- Launch Photos on your smartphone
- Open the Video or Photo you wish to screen mirror.
- For the Photos menu, single-tap on the screen
- On the bottom left, tap on Share icon
- Select AirPlay.
- You can follow the prompted process.
How to AirPlay to Firestick?
On Firestick devices, AirPlay & HomeKit feature is not available yet. However, there are third-party apps on Firestick that works as screen mirror from Apple Devices. For Instance, AirScreen, AirBeam, AirReceiver, AirStream, etc.
Many users have claimed it worked for them. But, you might not have the promising or high screen casting quality. Although if you wish to try them out, you can see the given steps.
Set Up AirPlay App
- On your Firestick remote, press the Home button.
- Navigate to Find or Search icon and look for the AirScreen.
- Click on the Get icon.
- Launch application. Click Continue on Welcome page.
- You might be prompted to Confirm that your iPhone and Firestick are on the same network.
- Now, you must Scan the code with your iPhone to get started. This will direct you to AirScreen page on your phone.
- You can choose to share the Entire Screen or In-app content
Pair Your iPhone With Firestick
- Open Control Center on your iPhone. On iPhone with the Home button, you can swipe up the screen from the Center bottom of your home screen. Similarly, for iPhone with no Home button, drag the screen down from the top–right.
- Choose Screen Mirroring Icon.
- Then, once you see AS-AFTMM [AirPlay] on your screen, tap to connect.
- You can start casting the screen to your Firestick.