To back up your camera roll to Snapchat, you’ll need to do it manually as Snapchat doesn’t back up items automatically.
But, I have a trick that will not require you actually to post stories.
Backup Camera Roll to Memories
- Open Snapchat and go to the Memories icon.
- Under the Memories, tap on Camera Roll.
- Select Images or Videos you want to back up. On the lower-left corner, tap Create.
- Tap on Save Story.
- Go to your Memories to see your backed-up image.
Backup Camera Roll to My Eyes Only
Before you back up, you must set up My Eyes only with a password first.
- On your Snapchat, go to Memories and click on the Camera Roll tab.
- Select multiple Photos and Videos.
- On iOS, Tap on the More icon. On Android, tap on Hide.
- Choose Hide Photo(My Eyes Only).
- Pick Move on the confirmation dialogue box.
- On the Delete Original pop-up, pick Not Now or Cancel to keep the source image.
- On the Memories, head to My Eyes Only. Then, enter the Password to see the picture.
How to Check Your Memories Back-up Progress?
After you have backed up from the camera roll, your images appear in the snaps. If you’ve loaded numerous items, you can check the Backup Progress status from the Memories settings. Either your phone must have strong cellular service or a stable Wi-Fi connection to back up memories fully.
Here are the steps that will guide you to check your Memories Backup progress on both iPhone and Android.
- Open your Profile > Settings.
- Tap on Memories.
- Find Backup Progress and see if it says Complete.
Backup progress shows Complete when there is no need to backup memories. In case your memories are not fully backed up, it shows “No Internet Connection” or “#Snaps Remaining.”
How to Turn On Smart Backup
If your Backup Progress does not show “Complete,” it’s a good idea to turn on Smart Backup. This feature will automatically back up your memories on cellular data over an unstable Wi-Fi connection. So, you don’t have to worry about it getting removed even when you uninstall Snapchat and install it again.
Here’s how you do this on both iPhone and Android.
- Open your Profile and tap on Settings on the upper-right.
- Tap on Memories.
- Under Storage, find Smart Backup and Toggle on the button to turn it on.