A mobile hotspot is one of the effective mediums to share your internet connection with others. When you turn on the Hotspot, your device will be visible on other’s Wi-Fi settings. However, people can’t connect to your network unless they know your device’s hotspot passwords.
The device’s hotspot passwords are set by default. So, if you want to share the hotspot password, you need to dive into the hotspot settings and look for the Password. In this guide, we have shared a simple way to find the Password. Furthermore, we have shared the ways to change the Hotspot’s Password and SSID.
How to Find the Hotspot Password on Samsung?
Samsung devices have built-in options to share the Hotspot quickly. Furthermore, finding the hotspot password on Samsung is also quite easy. You can go into that setting using two ways through the settings or using the control panel. Here are both ways to quickly reach into the hotspot settings. The steps shown below are from the Samsung One UI 3.0 version.
Using Device Settings
- Open the device’s Settings.
- Tap on Connections.
- Scroll down and Tap on Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
- Tap on Mobile Hotspot.
- Now, you can see the Password of your Mobile Hotspot.
Using Notifications and Control Panel
- Open the Notifications and control center by swiping down from the top. Locate the Mobile Hotspot.
- Long press on the Mobile Hotspot, and it will redirect to the hotspot settings.
- Now, you will find your device’s hotspot password.
How to Change the Hotspot’s Name and Password?
As mentioned earlier, the device’s hotspot password is set by default. So, the Password can be random and sometimes hard to remember. Thankfully, you can change its Password and set it on your own. But, keep in mind the Password should contain at least eight characters.
Also, you can change the name of your hotspot, like Password. Basically, the default name can be your device name and model. Now, let’s see how you can change it.
- Launch Settings.
- Go to Connections.
- Click on Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
- Hit Mobile Hotspot.
- To change the name and password, Click on Configure.
- Then, tap on the Network name and Password and remove the existing one and add your own preferred Name and Password for your hotspot. You need at least eight characters to change and save the Password.
- Hit Save once you are done with it.
Things to Consider While Changing Password
Here we have shared a couple of important points that you need to consider while changing or setting a new password for your Wi-Fi.
- Try to make the password as long as possible but easy to remember.
- Add uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols to create a strong password.
- Don’t use regularly used passwords like your name, simple numbers like 123456, qwerty, etc., which anyone can randomly guess.
- Try to change your passwords once in a while.
Is It Possible to Use the Wi-Fi When the Mobile Hotspot is Turned on?
Unfortunately, you can’t turn on the Wi-Fi and Mobile Hotspot simultaneously if you try from the budget android devices. It’s the hardware limitations, and also sometimes the manufacturers disable it.
So far, only high-end and mid-range phones do support Wi-Fi hotspots. However, sharing the Hotspot using your cellular data works on all devices.
How Many Devices Can Be Connected When a Hotspot is Enabled?
So far, only up to 10 devices can join your network via Hotspot. When more devices are connected on the same Hotspot, the internet connection will be slower and also drains the battery faster. So, only enable the Hotspot when it’s necessary.
Why is My Hotspot Not Visible on Other Users’ Wi-Fi Networks?
There’s a chance you might have mistakenly disabled your hotspot SSID. When it’s disabled, other users can’t find your network on their devices. However, only the already connected devices can see and can connect to your network when the hotspot SSID is turned off.