With every new OS update, Apple brings something new to the table. Likewise, with iOS 13 Apple introduced the option to invert pictures through the Photos app, among various other updates.
When you invert a photo, the picture will changes it’s position. The left will be shifted to the right, and everything will be mirrored.
The method to invert a picture on iPhone is a piece of cake, and anyone can do it without breaking a sweat.
How to Invert a Picture on iPhone
There are a limited number of ways to invert a picture on an iPhone. You can use the inbuilt edit option on the Photos application or third-party apps from the App Store to invert any image. Likely, you can also turn on the Mirror Front Photos option and capture an inverted photo on your phone.
Using the Photos Edit Tool
For an already saved or downloaded image, you can use the Photos app’s inbuilt edit tool to invert them. The steps are simple and can be done within a span of a minute or so.
- Open the Photos app.
- Pick a photo.
- Then, press Edit on the uppermost right region of the screen.
- Now, tap the Crop/ Resize button on the bottom of your phone.
- On the Top-left corner, you can see the arrow over the two triangle shapes (Invert) icon; tap it.
- Press Done.
If you are further interested in inverting the colors on your iPhone you can check our detailed guide on the same topic.
Use the Front Camera
You can actually capture an inverted photo with your front camera of the iPhone. For that, the only requirement is to toggle on the Mirror Front Camera option from your phone’s settings. To do so,
- Open the phone’s Settings menu.
- Scroll down and select Camera.
- Head to the Composition section and toggle on the Mirror Front Camera option.
- After that, capture the photo from your phone’s front camera, and the picture will appear inverted.
Using Third-Party Applications
Besides the above-mentioned methods, you can also download a third-party application from the App Store to invert a picture. Some of the apps that you can give a try are Photo Editor- and Photoshop Express Photo Editor.
How to Re-invert a Picture on iPhone?
There is also a possibility to re-invert an already inverted photo on your iPhone. You can use the steps below and change the picture to the original state.
- Go to the Photos app and select an inverted photo.
- Tap Edit > Crop/ Resize button
- Hit the Invert icon.
- The photo will re-invert and get back to the original state.
Alternatively, you can tap the Revert option on the Crop/Resize screen. It will revert back all the effects and changes of the picture to the original state.
- Open the Photos app, select the inverted photo, and tap Edit.
- You can see the Revert option on the bottom right of the phone; press it.
- Upon seeing the confirmation message, select Revert to Original.
Why Doesn’t My iPhone Have the Invert Option?
As mentioned earlier in the introduction section, the feature only came out after iOS 13 was released. So, if your iPhone is running below iOS 13, you cannot access this feature.
Follow the method below to check your iOS version and update your phone’s iOS to get the invert feature.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Then, select the General option.
- Tap About and see your iOS version in the Software Version.
- Take a step back to the General menu.
- Now, pick the Software Update option.
- Choose Download and Install > input the Passcode or PIN.
- Finally, select the Install Now option.
After that, you can get back to the Photos app, experience the Invert option, and have your photos inverted in no time.