Apple Music has been popular among various users due to its exclusive features. With the recent release of the Apple Music channel on Roku, you can now listen to millions of ad-free songs on your various Roku devices.
Since it’s new, many of you might be confused about how to access it on your Roku. Whether you are already an Apple Music user or new to it, you can easily play it on your Roku with just a few setups.
In this article, we have compiled a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
How to Play Apple Music on Roku?
Since Roku officially supports Apple Music, you can find the channel on the Roku Channel Store. Therefore the easiest way to play songs is by adding them to your account. However, if this does not work for you, another alternative is to use AirPlay to screen mirror Apple Music.
Let’s check it out in more detail below.
Download Apple Music
You can directly download Apple Music from your Roku Channel Store. You can subscribe to it by purchasing the plan. Also, if you are a new user, you can get a free trial for one month. Then, you can either cancel or continue the plan when your trial ends.
You can use Roku TV, Roku Streambar Pro, etc., to listen to music. We have mentioned two ways to add the channel to your Roku for your reference. You can browse through the web Roku channel store if you cannot download it from Roku TV.
Here are the steps for it.
Through Roku TV
- On your Roku TV remote, press the Home key.
- Navigate to the Streaming Channels menu.
- Now, type in Apple Music in the search box.
- Highlight the channel and press the OK button on your remote.
- Click on Add Channel.
- Check for Software updates to use the channel instantly.
- Once Apple Music appears on your Home screen, launch the app.
- Then, sign in to your existing Apple ID. In case you do not have one, create a new Apple ID. You can either scan or use the remote.
- You can start listening to your preferred music.
- On your device’s web browser, launch the Roku channel store.
- On the Search Channels box, type Apple Music and enter.
- Then, click the +Add channel option.
- If prompted, log in to your account.
- Once you install the channel, you can check for the Roku OS update on Roku TV.
- Open Apple Music on your Roku.
- Then, sign in by entering your Apple ID credentials. Create a new Apple ID if needed.
- Then, play your preferred music.
Use Voice Command
Once you’ve added Apple Music to your Roku devices, you can simply use the voice command remotes to play songs. You can give commands to launch the app as well as control the playback menu.
Moreover, your Roku TV also supports voice assistant devices such as Alexa. So, if you have connected them together, control your playback using voice commands. For Instance, “Alexa, play Acoustic on Apple Music.”
Use Screen Mirroring
In case you cannot download the Apple Music channel from your Roku store, you can use AirPlay. With this feature, you can cast your Apple Music screen from your Apple devices to Roku when connected over the same Wi-Fi connection.
You must enable AirPlay on your Roku settings first to use it. Then, you can pair them together and play music. You can also find the AirPlay icon on the playback menu of Apple Music on your smartphone.
For your reference, we have mentioned the steps for screen mirroring from iPhone to Roku. If you are a mac user, you can check out our screen mirroring on Roku article for more detail.
- On your Roku, open Settings from Home Screen
- Then, go to Apple AirPlay and HomeKit menu
- Highlight AirPlay. If you see Off option, click on the menu once to turn if On
- Now, on your phone, open the Control Center menu. Depending on your iPhone model, swipe down the screen from the top-right. Or swipe up your screen from the bottom to the center of the screen.
- Highlight the AirPlay icon and tap on it.
- On the Screen Mirroring box, you can see your Roku. Tap on it to connect with your device.
- Now, on your phone, type in the same AirPlay Passcode you see on your Roku TV
- After connecting, launch Apple Music on your iPhone
- Finally, start playing the music of your choice