If you have noticed a sudden drastic change in your follower count, it is a concerning security issue. Especially when you don’t know the people who follow you, your data can be vulnerable to hackers and stalkers. Follow along with us to know who follows you on Facebook, how to remove them, how to manage followers, and more.
See Who Follows You on Facebook
You can easily view who follows you and your follower count on the Facebook app or the web version.
- Open your Facebook profile page.
- Below your basic information, tap on the See Your About info section.
- Here, you can view additional information, like Groups, liked pages, and more. At the bottom, you can find the Followers section.
- On the side, tap on the See All option to view the complete list of your followers. At the top-right corner, you can view the number of people who follow you on this list.
- Open your Facebook profile page.
- Below your profile picture and basic information, you can see sections like Movies, Music, Posts, Friends, and such. Click on Friends.
- You can see more sections, like Recently Added, College, High School, and More. Click on Followers.
Here, you can see the complete list of your followers. If you click on Following, you can view all the people you’re following on Facebook.
Check Followers on Your Business Page
Apart from the likes on Facebook pages, you can also view the followers on your business page. This is different from the people who like your page. People may like your Facebook page and not follow it, or vice versa. Here’s how you can view the follower list of your Facebook business page.
- Open Facebook and go to Pages.
- Open the Facebook page you’ve created.
- Scroll to find the section where you can see the statistics, likes and post reach. Below the number of likes, you can view your follower count.
- To view the people in your follower list, open your page and go to your Settings that’s on the top-right corner.
- From the menu on the left panel, select People and Other Pages. Here, you can view the data of the people who liked your page and also the people who follow your page.
Why Can’t I See Followers on my Profile?
If you can’t see any data on your follower list, it’s most likely because there are no followers. If your account is new, there might not be any followers to show. Additionally, you might not see any followers if you have turned off receiving followers in your settings.
Another factor to consider is that there might be many hidden followers. Although there isn’t an official term like that yet, people automatically follow you when they send you a friend request. Even if you delete the request, it will not stop them from following you. If you’ve been ignoring your friend requests, you may be unaware of who is actually following you.
Can I Remove Unwanted Followers?
Sadly, there’s no option to remove/delete followers or only specific people from the follower list. But, you can individually block followers you don’t want. Blocking someone will prevent them from following you, messaging you, or even viewing your profile. If you only want to remove someone from your follower list but don’t want to block them, you can block them and then unblock them.
To block a follower, go to the Followers list and open any profile of your choice. Click on the More icon and then select Block. Now, tap on Block again to confirm.
Additionally, you can change a privacy setting that only allows people you’re friends with to follow you. In this way, you can only have followers that you can recognize. You can follow these steps below to do so:
- Open Facebook and tap on the three lines at the bottom-right corner to access the menu. If you’re on PC, click on the downward-pointing arrow on the top-right corner.
- Go to Settings and Privacy > Settings.
- On the left panel, select Public Posts. You can now view the Who can follow me option. It might’ve been set to Public, which is why you’re getting unknown followers.
- Tap on it and select Friends. Performing this action will only allow the people on your friend list to follow you.