If your firestick remote doesn’t pair to your new Fire TV automatically, you may have to sync the remote. Or, you might need to pair a replacement remote if your old remote is misplaced or defective. But not knowing how to sync it would be a stumbling block for controlling Fire TV.
Don’t worry! You don’t have to contact the Amazon service team for this yet. You can do it yourself with just a few setups. In this article, we will guide you on how to sync the firestick remote.
How to Sync Firestick Remote?
Syncing the Firestick remote to your TV is quite simple. You can use the home button of the remote to pair with the TV. Also, if you don’t have the controller, you can use the Fire TV app to sync it. Additionally, you can also pair a different remote on your Fire TV.
Below, we have compiled simple steps to sync your firestick remote.
Before You Begin
Sometimes, even if you follow all the steps properly, it might not work for you. This happens when you don’t check your remote specifications before proceeding. So, make sure to follow the given criteria.
- Restart your Firestick
- Check all the buttons of the Firestick remote
- Make sure your remote battery works fine
- Check if your remote battery is inserted in the right direction
- Point the remote to the TV at an approximate distance of 10 feet
- Clear any interference between the TV and Remote
Sync New Firestick Remote
Generally, if you have a new firestick remote that came along with the Firestick, it pairs automatically. However, you will have to pair it manually if it isn’t paired. Please follow the given steps.
- Press and hold the Home button of the remote for 15 seconds. Release the button when you see the LED light blinking on the remote
- When the remote detects the TV, it will flash three blue lights and pair with it.
Sync a Different Firestick Remote
You can pair a maximum of 7 Fire TV remotes. So, if you have two or more firestick remotes, you can sync both remotes simultaneously. In case you lose your old Firestick remote, you can use another as an alternative firestick remote to control functions. Check out the steps given below.
Using an Old Firestick Remote
- With the old Firestick remote, go to Settings > Controllers and Bluetooth Devices from the main screen of Firestick
- Now, choose Amazon Fire TV remotes > Add New Remote
- Then, with your brand-new Firestick remote, press the Home button and hold it for a few seconds
- Again, with your old Firestick remote, click on Select
- It will pair your remote with the TV
Using the Fire TV App
In case your old remote is defective or lost, you can use the Fire TV app to sync a different remote. You can also use the app to control the Firestick TV functions. But, you need to make sure to connect your mobile and Firestick TV to the same network. Find out the steps below.
- On your mobile, go to the Fire TV App (You need to download the app if you don’t have one)
- Then, connect your mobile with Firestick TV. A code will display on your TV. You must enter that 4-digit codes on your mobile to pair.
- Then, tap on Settings > Controllers & Bluetooth Devices > Amazon Fire TV Remotes
- Tap on Add New Remote and choose your preferred remote
How to Connect Firestick Remote to Your TV?
If you’ve connected a firestick to a new TV, you must manually pair the TV with the remote. You can connect to TV brands such as Samsung, Toshiba, LG, Sony, etc. Check out the steps given below.
- Open Settings > Equipment Control > Manage Equipment
- Choose Add Equipment
- Click on the TV and wait until the system detects your TV.
- You will be asked to Confirm your TV on the dialogue box. If it is your TV, Click Yes. If not, click on No (You will see the list of TV brands. From the list, choose your TV brand)
- Then, hit the power button on your remote to turn off the TV. After waiting for about 10 seconds, hit the power button again to turn on the TV
- If turning the TV off/on worked, click Yes on the dialogue box. If it didn’t, click No. (You can try turning off/on TV up to 11 times. Then, click on Yes to move further)
- Now, click on the Next button to proceed with the volume test. Make sure to adjust the volume sound higher
- If you were able to control the volume with the remote, click Yes. However, if it didn’t respond, select No. You can select your preferred soundbar or receiver from the list
- Then, click on your HDMI port to change the port (Optional). If you don’t want to change, you can skip this process by pressing the Forward button
- Finally, press OK to connect the remote to your TV
How to Reset the Firestick Remote?
If you are unable to sync your Firestick remote, you can reset it. Also, you will need to reset it if you are using another person’s remote. Please find the steps to reset below. It applies to Alexa Voice, Fire TV, Smart TV, and Fire TV Soundbar remotes.
- Firstly, plug out the Firestick from your TV.
- Press the Left, Menu, and Back buttons of your remote together and hold them for up to 12 seconds
- After releasing the buttons, wait for a few seconds and take out batteries from the remote.
- Plug back your Firestick and again wait for some time
- Insert the batteries on the remote
- Then, press the Home button for about 10-20 seconds. LED lights on the remote will indicate that it is paired.