There are several ways you can try to turn the dark mode off depending on your device. Nevertheless, the steps are fairly simple. So, let’s check out how you can turn off dark mode on all platforms.
Using Google Quick Settings
A quick and easy way to turn off dark mode on Google is by accessing Quick Settings.
- To find this, you’ll have to type something in the Google search engine.
- On this page, click on the Settings icon that’s in the top-right corner.
- From the Appearance options, click on Light to turn off dark mode.
If you’re on Windows, you can turn off Dark Mode on Google by changing the settings on your PC. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Settings from the Start menu.
- Open Personalization settings.
- Click on Colors.
- From the option that says Choose your color, select the Light option.
Now, your Windows interface as well as your Chrome browser will automatically change into Light mode.
Similar to Windows, you can turn off dark mode on Google Chrome for Mac by changing your system settings.
- Click on the Apple logo to access the menu.
- Open System Preferences.
- Select General.
- Click on the Appearance menu. You can choose from Light, Dark, and Auto.
- Select Light.
You can now surf Google Chrome in dark mode.
- Open Chrome and tap on the More option from the top-right corner.
- Go to Settings.
- Then, tap on Theme.
- You can either choose System Default or Light. Select Light to eliminate the Dark mode.
- Open Settings and tap on Display & Brightness.
- Select Light to turn off Dark mode.
- You can also turn off the Automatic option to turn off the Dark mode.
Another way you can turn off dark mode is through the Control Center. Swipe down from the top-right on your home screen to access the Control Center. Tap on the Dark Mode button to turn it off.
Why My Google Dark Mode Won’t Turn Off?
If you’re unable to turn off dark mode or your Google is still on dark mode, it can be due to extensions. Check if you have any extensions like Dark Reader and Dark Mode that can change the theme of your Chrome. If such extensions are turned on, your Chrome will still be in dark mode.
So, it’s best to check and disable them. Click on Extensions from the header menu. Then, click on Manage Extensions. From the list of extensions, slide the toggle to disable it.