Voice Assist is an accessibility feature on Samsung TVs that helps visually challenged people easily navigate through the TV. It narrates the name of every setting and menu you choose on the TV. However, this feature is not desirable for most people.
If you don’t remember enabling this feature, you probably long pressed the volume button on your remote, and your TV activated it. Not to worry, you can disable this feature using the same volume button.
How to Turn Off Voice Assist on Samsung TV?
There are various methods to turn off the Voice Assist feature, from as simple as using voice control to using the advanced TV settings.
Here, we have listed the 5 best ways that you can use to turn off Voice Assist on Samsung TV.
Using Voice Control
The first method to turn off Voice Assist on Samsung TV is to use the voice control feature. You don’t need to navigate through the TV settings just to turn off a single function. Simply order your TV to turn off the Voice Assist, and it will do the job.
- Power on your TV.
- Once powered on, locate the button with the microphone symbol on your remote.
- Keep pressing the button for a few seconds.
- Then say, “Turn off Voice Assistant” or “Voice Assistant off.” It will now turn off the feature.
Using Volume Button
If the voice control does not work, you can use a volume button on your remote to disable this feature. But remember, this method is applicable only if you have a Samsung smart remote. These remotes have a single volume button and are pushed upwards or downwards to increase or decrease the volume.
- Turn on your TV.
- Grab the intelligent remote and press the Volume button. Keep pressing it until a menu appears on the TV screen.
- Toggle off Voice Guide, and you are done.
Using TV Settings
TV settings are the general go-to option to turn off the Voice Assist feature if neither of the above-discussed methods worked for you. With a few taps on your remote, you can turn off the feature. However, depending on the model of your TV, the steps to access the voice settings can be slightly different. But they are pretty similar in TV models after 2014.
- Grab your TV remote and press the Home or Menu button on it.
- Select Settings from the lower left corner of the screen.
- On the Settings window, move down to General.
- Then move to the right, go down and select Accessibility.
- Select Voice Guide Settings.
- Turn off Voice Guide.
Using Audio Description Settings
As we already discussed, the steps to turn off Voice Assist on Samsung TV are pretty similar in models after 2014. But if you own a TV before the 2014 model, there is no such functionality as Voice Guide. There they have the Audio Description (AD) feature. You need to turn it off to disable the Voice Assist feature.
- Open TV Settings.
- Select Sound > Broadcast.
- Choose Audio Language.
- If you see English AD, it means the audio description is enabled on your TV. Change the language to English.
Using Bixby Voice Settings
Bixby is a virtual AI assistant that powers the Voice Assist feature on Samsung TVs. Sometimes, only disabling the voice guide settings won’t work, and you need to turn off the Bixby as well. Turning the Bixby feature off will entirely disable the voice functionality on your TV.
- Open Settings on your Samsung TV.
- Scroll down and select General Settings.
- Move to the right and choose Bixby Voice settings.
- On the new Bixby Voice settings window, go down to Voice response and turn it off.
- Also, turn off Voice wake-up feature.
What if the Voice Assist Feature Still Does Not Turn Off?
Now that you have gone through all five ways to turn off Voice Assist on Samsung TV, you probably have figured out a method. Otherwise, there are a few things that might prevent Voice Assist from turning off.
Some TVs need a restart before the changes are applied to them. So, restart the TV once you have disabled the feature. Moreover, also see if any other apps installed on your TV use the voice functionality. If there are, uninstall them. You can also reset your Samsung TV to factory defaults as a last resort to solve this problem.
Moreover, you can consult your TV’s user manual to see if there is any guideline on how to turn off Voice assist. Please do not hesitate to contact Samsung Customer Care if anything does not work. They will help you figure out the problem and solve it.