If you accidentally blocked an important contact, use the recent call log to Unblock that number on your iPhone.
Alternatively, you can search for the number in your contacts to unblock. But it’s better to check through Phone or Message Settings for an unsaved number.
From the Call Log
The easiest way to unblock a recently blocked number is from the call log. But if you frequently empty your call log, finding the blocked contact can be difficult.
If the blocked contact is on your recent call log, you can unblock them just by clicking a button.
- Open the call log in your Phone app.
- Find the contact.
- Tap on More info (
- Scroll down and tap on Unblock this Caller.
From the Contacts
For an unknown number, you have to save it to contacts first, then unblock or try another method.
- Go to the Contacts app on your device.
- Search for the contact that you want to unblock.
- Tap on it to open the contact page.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Unblock this Caller.
You can unblock all kinds of saved or unsaved blocked contacts from Phone settings.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Expand Phone. Click and open Blocked Contacts.
- The contacts will be displayed. Slide the contact to the right and tap Unblock.
- Alternatively, for multiple blocked contacts, tap on the Edit option.
- Click on the red dot. Select Done.
Unblock a Number from Messages
If you have blocked a contact only from texting you, then you might not find it in your Phone settings. You will have to search for it in blocked contacts in Messages.
- Launch Settings.
- Choose Messages. Tap on Blocked Contacts.
- Slide the contact you want to unblock towards the left. Click Unblock.
- For multiple contacts, click on Edit.
- Tap on the red dot and select Done.