Amazon’s Firestick App Store does not feature the Kodi App. So you can not download it officially. However, since Firestick devices use Android forks, it is possible to sideload Kodi.
You must first jailbreak Firestick first to bypass third-party app restrictions. Then, with the help of the downloader tool, you can install Kodi and set it up. In this article, we have also compiled a complete guide to install Kodi add-ons on Firestick.
Before You Begin
Here’re a few important things you need to consider before installing Kodi on your Firestick:
- While installing Kodi on your Firestick is completely legal, accessing any pirated content on Kodi is illegal. You can use a reliable VPN to be on the safe side. However, we do not encourage watching pirated content on Kodi.
- Once you jailbreak Firestick, it will be more vulnerable to viruses and hackers.
- While jailbreaking you should avoid third-party tools that could tamper the default firmware of your Firestick. It can void your device’s warranty.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on installing Kodi on your Firestick.
Step 1: Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
- On the Firestick Home screen, go to Settings.
- Navigate to My Fire TV.
- Choose Developer options. (If you do not see this option, go to My Fire TV > About. Then, click on your Firestick device name up to 7 times using your remote.)
- Now, click on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Pick Turn On to allow.
Step 2: Install Downloader App
- Press the Home button.
- Then, go to Find Icon.
- Type in Downloader and enter. Click on the Downloader app.
- Choose Get to install.
Step 3: Install Kodi
- Launch the Downloader app.
- If prompted, pick Allow.
- Choose OK.
- On the URL box, enter
kodi.tv/download/android. Click on Go.
- Downloads for Android webpage should appear on the screen. Under Downloads, click on ARMV7A (32BIT) version.
- It will start downloading the Kodi File. (Since this might take some time to complete, do not close the download window or your Firestick during the process)
- Pick Install to continue.
- After the installation completes, choose Done.
- On the Status pop-up, pick Delete to discard the downloaded file.
- Choose Delete to confirm.
- Go back to the Home screen and click on the Apps icon.
- Highlight Kodi and press the Menu button on your remote to move the app to the top.
How to Install Kodi-Add Ons?
Below, we have compiled the steps to download official and third-party add-ons on Kodi. As an example, we have taken the Cooking Channel and the crew.
Installing Official Add-Ons
- Launch Kodi App.
- Choose Continue.
- Pick Allow on the pop-up.
- On the left panel, choose Add-ons.
- Click on Download > Video add-ons.
- From the Add-ons lists, click on your preferred Video add–ons.
- Select Install button.
- Pick OK to confirm.
- Go back to Kodi Home screen and click on Add-ons.
- Choose Video Add-Ons. The downloaded Video add-ons will appear. Open it to watch.
Installing Third-Party Add-Ons
- On Kodi Home screen, navigate to Settings.
- Choose System.
- Click on Add-ons.
- Turn on the toggle for Unknown sources.
- Pick Yes to confirm.
- Now, return back to Settings menu and click on File manager.
- Choose Add source.
- On Add file source box, click on <None>.
- Enter an Add-on repository source on the bar and click on OK. (If you do not know the repository link, you can look up on the internet)
- Provide a Name for the media source in the field and select OK option.
- Go back to home screen and choose Add-ons.
- Select Install from zip file.
- On the pop-up, pick the Source name you set earlier.
- Click on the Repository zip file to install it. You can see the notification once installation completes on the upper right.
- On Add-Ons menu, Click on Install from repository.
- Select the Add-on repository you installed.
- Choose Video add-ons and open the downloaded Add-On.
- Now, click on the Install button.
- Pick OK to confirm.
- On Home Screen, navigate to the Add-Ons > Video add-ons. You should see downloaded Add-Ons.
- Finally, launch it to use.