Many games on Steam offer achievements for completing certain tasks or reaching certain milestones. These achievements show up in your badge and also help to increase your Steam level. However, when you’ve completed the game and replay it from the beginning, those achievements will still be there.
So the joy of unlocking achievements won’t be there the second time you play the game. Luckily, there are a few ways to lift these restrictions and reset your achievements once you’ve completed the game.
How to Reset Your Steam Achievements?
Resetting achievements in Steam isn’t an easy task, and it requires you to do a little bit of workaround in order to successfully reset all achievements of a particular game. But once you’ve done it, you can enjoy replaying the games over and over while also completing achievements along the way.
Here are the different ways you can reset the achievements in Steam:
Through the Steam Console
Here’re the steps to reset all of your Steam achievements through the Steam console:
Step 1: Open the Steam Console
The first step in this process is to access the console on your Steam client app. To do that:
- Open the Run Command Box on your Windows by pressing Windows + R together.
- Copy and paste this command in the search box and press Enter:
- This will open the Steam console within the Steam app.
Step 2: Find the Steam AppID and Achievement API Name of the Game
Now that you’ve successfully accessed the Steam app console, the next step is to find the App Id and Achievement API Name of the game from which you want to reset your achievements. To do that:
- Open the SteamDB website on your web browser.
- In the search box, type the name of the game from which you want to reset your achievements.
- Select the game and note its App_ID.
- Then, scroll down and select the Achievements option from the left sidebar.
- You’ll now be able to see all the achievements related to that game. Now, locate the achievement that you want to reset and copy its API_Name.
Step 3: Resetting the Achievement(s)
Now, the only remaining step is to reset the achievements from the game and Steam. To reset the in-game achievements from Steam:
- Open the Steam app from where you left off and type this command on the console, and press Enter.
Achievement_clear <App_ID> <Achievement API Name>
- If everything works fine, you should be able to see achievement_clear success on the console.
- Repeat the process for other achievements as well.
By Using Steam Achievement Manager
This method is a little bit easier than the previous one, but it comes with a risk. As it involves using an application that is not created by Valve, and it might get you in lots of trouble for messing with the Steam database.
Note: While it can reset the achievements in lots of games, you should be careful about using this on Valve-developed games as you might get banned by Steam for using third-party software.
To use Steam Achievement Manager to reset your achievements:
- Download and install SteamAchievementManager.
- Open the application and select the game from which you want to reset your achievements.
- Now, a new window will open where you can see all the achievements related to that game.
- Select the achievement(s) that you want to reset and click on reset.
Now, your selected achievements will be reset from the Steam app.