With the addition of a new in-built feature called “Add Yours Sticker” in the Instagram Story, you can make your profile interactive by creating a chain of stories. Using this sticker, you can prompt your followers or friends to share stories on your own topic or from suggestions. However, sometimes, it ceases to work on your account.
Since this feature is rolled out recently, it might be unavailable if you are still using an outdated version of the Instagram App. Similarly, it might not work for users having a professional account. However, you can fix the issue by checking its availability in your region. Or, you can update Instagram App to the latest version.
Why Is Add Yours Sticker Not Working on Instagram?
Sometimes unknown glitches on Instagram will cause an error using the Add Yours sticker. It might also not work if you use Instagram with a poor network. Besides, there can be other major reasons. Find it out below.
- Geographical Restriction: Instagram mentioned that the feature might not be available in some European countries and Japan. So, due to the geographical restriction, Add Yours Sticker might not work in your region.
- Not Updated Instagram App: Since Add your sticker is a new feature on Instagram, it won’t appear on your profile if you use the outdated version.
- Trouble Navigating the Feature: Another cause could be when you are not using it properly. You might have trouble navigating the feature for beginners who aren’t well familiar with the Instagram features.
- An Issue With Your Account: There are instances when the feature works perfectly on your friend’s account but not your account. Many Instagram users have also reported that they could use it on one account and couldn’t on another account. So, it can be an issue with your account.
- Mobile-Feature Only: The feature might not work if you try to use it on your desktop. Add yours sticker is an in-built feature on Instagram Add your story is accessible only on mobile apps.
How to Fix Add Yours Sticker Not Working on Instagram
You can try connecting to a strong Internet Connection to see if it works. Besides, you can update your Instagram app with the most recent version. Check out the 9 ways to fix if Add Yours stickers are not working on Instagram.
Check if It Is Available in Your Country
Add yours sticker has geographical restrictions for some regions. So, the first thing you can do to solve the issue is to check if it works in your country. If none of the users has access to this feature, it means Instagram hasn’t released it yet.
Check Instagram Community
Sometimes, Add Yours might not work if there is an internal server issue with Instagram. If an error is identified, it could be under maintenance. So, go to @instagram to find out if there is an announcement regarding the problem. You can know if other users on Instagram are also facing the same issue.
You must use the latest version of Instagram to use this feature. So, simply updating the app could solve this issue for you.
- On your phone, go to Google Play Store
- Enter Instagram and open it
- Tap on the Update Button
- Navigate to App Store
- On the bottom of your screen, go to search and type Instagram
- Tap on the Update button
You can delete Instagram App and Install it again to troubleshoot any issues you’ve faced using it. Follow the steps below.
- Tap Instagram App and Hold it until the menu appears
- Choose Uninstall
- Tap on the OK button to confirm
- Reinstall from the Google Play Store
- Select Instagram App and Hold it till the menu appears
- Choose Edit Home Screen
- Once your Home screen starts shaking, click on the “-” button on Instagram App
- Select Delete App
- Tap on Delete to confirm
- Install it again from the App Store
Restarting the device will force quit all the active applications and fix an unknown glitch issue. Basically, it will increase the performance speed and solve the Add Yours sticker not working. So, follow the steps for Android and iOS below.
- Press and hold the Side Button or Power Button, depending on your phone model, until the Menu appears on your screen
- Choose the Reboot or Restart option
- Wait for a few seconds and open Instagram. Check if the issue is solved.
- For iPhone X and above users, Press and Hold the Side and Volume Up Buttons together until Power-Off appears on your screen.
- For iPhone 8 and under users, Press the Side Button and Hold until power-off appears.
- Similarly, for iPhone SE users, press the power button on top of your phone and hold it until Slide to Power Off appears
- Now, drag the Power Button to the right to switch off your phone
- Long Press the Side Button and hold for a few seconds. Release as soon as the Apple logo displays
Now open the Instagram app and check if the problem is solved.
Use a Different Account
You can use your different account if it does not work on your account. If you do not use two accounts, you can create a new account to see if it works. Please follow the given steps.
- On your Instagram Login page, tap on the Sign Up With Email or Phone Number button
- You can proceed with either phone or email and tap on Next
- Enter your Name and Password
- Tap on Continue
- Go to the Instagram Login page
- At the bottom of your screen, click on the Sign-Up button
- From the two options, Continue as a Facebook Account or Sign Up With Phone or Email; choose your option
- Follow the creating account process
Switch Your Account to Private
Some users reported that they could not use this feature on their public or professional account. However, it worked perfectly on the private account. So, you can also switch your Instagram to a private account. Check out the given steps.
- Log in to your Instagram account
- Tap on the Three Horizontal Lines > Settings > Privacy
- Now, under Account Privacy, switch on the toggle for Private Account
You can use VPN to change your location if Add Yours sticker is unavailable in your region. It will also make your IP address untraceable. You can either Add a VPN from your phone settings or install third-party apps on your device. Here are the steps.
- Install VPN from App Store for iOS users and Google Play Store for Android users.
- Follow the setup process and use Instagram.
Report Instagram Help Center
Although you’ve followed all the steps, the Add Yours sticker is still not working. In such a case, you can report the problem to the Instagram Help Center. The Instagram support team will fix the issue.
How to Use ‘Add Yours Sticker’ on Your Account?
If you are confused about how to create Add Yours sticker from your account, follow the given steps. You can create, add topics, and prompt others to share. Again, please note that you can use this feature from the mobile app only. Check out the steps below:
- Open Instagram and Log In to your account
- Go to Add Your Story
- On the top center of your screen, tap on the Smiley icon
- Tap on Add Yours
- Enter a Caption or a Question and tap on the Done button
- Now, tap on either Your Story or Close Friends to upload the sticker